- In addition to his acting, he was a minor recording artist and released a spoken version of the DW theme that included lyrics.
- The prominent ring he wore during his time on the show was actually fashioned from a coin he found while scuba diving in a ship wreck.
- He campaigned to star in a radio series as The Doctor during the show’s hiatus in the the mid-80s and later appeared in two BBC produced radio adventures to celebrate the show’s 30th Anniversary.
- He was a huge fan of cartoons and considered an expert in animation, calling Aladdin the greatest movie of all time.
- Like his Who predecessors William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, he served in WWII. Pertwee (along with James Bond author Ian Fleming) was part of the secretive Naval Intelligence Division, a unit that reported directly to Winston Churchill.
- BONUS! His Godfather was Henry Ainley, the father of Anthony Ainley, best known to Whodom as The Master.